Our Process for Lot Owners
If you need a lot, please see our Lot Acquisition Process.
Step 1: Schedule Your Stanley Martin Custom Homes Free Consultation
- Contact John Jorgenson (703) 352-3000 to schedule your meeting. Contact John by email here. Watch Lot-Owner videos here.
- Meet with John Jorgenson and Michael Schnitzer, President of Stanley Martin Custom Homes, to discuss your needs for a new home.
- We will review the home building process, preview floor plans, customization, and discuss next steps.
- We will work with you to evaluate tear down or empty lot’s suitability of building the home of your dreams.
- Before this meeting, it is helpful to look for pictures of home exteriors that you find attractive.
Step 2: We customize your plan and review prices
- We prepare your plan based on the information we gather from you at the first meeting
- You review and give us your feedback via conference call on any adjustments that need to be made
- We revise your plan and prepare pricing
- At the second meeting, we review revised plan and pricing and answer any outstanding questions
Step 3: You enter into a contingent or non-contingent contract
- You may sign a 30 day contingent contract that may be canceled at any time during the contingency period.
- Upon contingency removal, we will finalize your plans and selections and obtain permits
- Once plans and selections are complete and permits are obtained, we begin construction on your home
Step 4: Contact Our Preferred Lender to Obtain Financing for a Construction Loan
Call Cheryl Freeman of the Cheryl Freeman Group at 703-217-7500 or visit Cheryl Freeman Group
You are not required to obtain your loan through our preferred lender. You may use another lender as long as they are a member in good standing with the Mortgage Banker Association. Understanding the lending process is vital and will also help you establish a budget.
Step 5: Pre-Construction and Construction Meetings
- You will meet with your Project Manager Pre-Construction to review what to expect during construction and review your plans and selections.
- You will meet again during construction for Pre-Trade and Pre-Drywall orientations
Step 6: New Home Orientation
- Verify quality standards throughout the home
- Review the use of the systems within the home
- Review warranty and service procedures
Step 7: Warranty and Follow Up
- You submit your lists for 60-day and 9-month warranty visits