Step 1: Schedule Your Stanley Martin Custom Homes Free Consultation
- Learn more about our process for lot owners by watching some of our videos.
- Contact us by calling our office at 703-352-3000 or by emailing us to get the lot owner process started.
- Schedule a phone call with Sales Partner John Jorgenson to discuss your needs for a new home.
- After the phone call with John Jorgenson, we can schedule a meeting at our headquarters.
- We will review the home building process, preview floor plans, customization, and discuss next steps.
- We will work with you to evaluate tear down or empty lot’s suitability of building the home of your dreams.
- Before this meeting, it is helpful to look for pictures of home exteriors that you find attractive.
Step 2: We Customize Your Plan and Review Prices
- We prepare your plan based on the information we gather from you at the first meeting.
- You review and give us your feedback via conference call on any adjustments that need to be made.
- We revise your plan and prepare pricing.
- At the second meeting, we review revised plan and pricing and answer any outstanding questions.
Step 3: You Enter into a Contingent Contract
- You may sign a 60 day contingent contract that may be canceled at any time during the contingency period.
- Upon contingency removal, we will finalize your plans and selections and obtain permits.
- Once plans and selections are complete and permits are obtained, we begin construction on your home.
Step 4: Contact One of Our Preferred Lenders to Obtain Financing for a Construction Loan
Jerry Berry at 703-293-6143 or visit JerryBerryLoans.com
Mike Zell at 703-245-3457 or visit Mike Zell at Citizens One
You are not required to obtain your loan through our preferred lender. You may use another lender as long as they are a member in good standing with the Mortgage Banker Association. Understanding the lending process is vital and will also help you establish a budget.
Step 5: Pre-Construction and Construction Meetings
- You will meet with your Project Manager Pre-Construction to review what to expect during construction and review your plans and selections.
- You will meet again during construction for Pre-Trade and Pre-Drywall orientations.
Step 6: New Home Orientation
- Verify quality standards throughout the home.
- Review the use of the systems within the home.
- Review warranty and service procedures.
Step 7: Warranty and Follow Up
- You submit your lists for 60-day and 9-month warranty visits.